Everlywell is currently conducting a study to learn about how COVID-19 affects people’s long-term health.
Study participants must meet the following criteria:
Able to speak, read and write in English
You must be willing to provide Informed Consent before participation
You must have received a valid COVID-19 test result
- In the comfort of your home
- Up to 7 questionnaires
Up to 1 year
Be a part of an Everlywell study to understand COVID testing and the long term impact of COVID-19 on health and health related behaviors.
For more information on the proposed study, please read the full details of the informed consent page below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
Title: Assessing Behavioral, Functional, and Clinical Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs) in subjects diagnosed with COVID-19
Principal Investigator: Timothy A. Bauer, PhD
Phone Number: 512-309-5588
Sponsor: Everlywell, Inc.
IRB Number: 20210617
What is the purpose of this study?
The purpose of this research is to learn important behavioral and health-related insights associated with COVID-19, and to understand the impact of the virus on immediate and long-term health.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participating in this study is voluntary and comes at no cost to you.
Eligibility criteria to participate include:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- You must be willing to provide Informed Consent before participation
- You must have received a valid COVID-19 test result
Will it cost me money to take this test?
It will not cost you any money to take this test or be in the study.
Will taking this test benefit me?
You will not benefit directly from taking the survey. Others may benefit in the future from the knowledge gained from this study if it impacts understanding of post-Covid care. Your alternative is simply not to participate in the research.
What is required to participate in this study?
If you decide to participate, you will be asked to complete an online demographic questionnaire, a survey about the usability of the Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit (if you took one), and a health survey. You will be followed up with 3 surveys at the following timepoints: 7 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months following your Everlywell COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit result.
What happens to me if I agree to this research?
If you agree to take part in this research study, you will be required to follow the steps below. The total time commitment expected to spend for each survey is listed below.
- Review and sign this informed consent form electronically.
- Answer questions related to your recent medical history, background information and, information related to Everlywell COVID-19 at home collection kit usability
• Health Survey at baseline - 10 min
• Everlywell COVID-19 at-home collection kit usability survey – 3 mins
- Answer 3 surveys (electronically) at every time point.
• Health Survey – 10 min
• COVID-19 Outcomes Survey – 14 min
• Global health Survey – 5 min
What is the duration of this study?
This study will take up to one year to complete.
What should I know about the surveys?
- Questionnaires/surveys are self-explanatory.
- Answering the surveys is voluntary. Whether you answer it is up to you.
- You can choose not to answer the whole survey or any part of the survey. You can choose not to join the research, or you can join and later leave and there will be no penalty or loss of benefits to which you are otherwise entitled.
- If you don’t understand, ask questions.
- Ask all the questions you want before you decide.
What are the risks of answering these surveys?
There are no foreseeable risks for you when taking part in the surveys other than time spent on the survey other than a possible loss of confidentiality. Should you want to leave the study, you are free to do so without any consequences.
What happens to the information about this sample?
Your private information and your medical record will be shared with individuals and organizations that conduct or watch over this study, including:
- The sponsor, Everlywell
- People who work with the sponsor (testing laboratory and/or research partners)
- Government agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration
- The Institutional Review Board (IRB) that reviewed this test and study
We protect your information from disclosure to others to the extent required by law. We cannot promise complete secrecy. If the results from this use are published, your identity will remain confidential.
What happens if I answer some of the surveys, but I change my mind later?
If you decide not to be in this study, you may stop participation at any time by contacting the study team (information at the top of the form) or simply not logging into the surveys. Withdrawing from the study will not result in any consequences; however, once you have submitted questionnaire responses, it may not be possible to remove your existing responses from the final study data.
Who can answer my questions about this survey?
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about the research, or if at any time you feel you have had a research-related problem, please contact the study investigator at the phone number listed at the top of this form.
The conduct of these surveys is overseen by an Institutional Review Board (“IRB”). An IRB is a group of people who perform an independent review of research studies. You may talk to them at 855-818-2289, [email protected] if you have questions about your rights as a research subject or for other questions, concerns, or complaints the study investigator is not answering.